By using more reusable bags at the grocery store, you’re helping to keep plastic out of our environment.
Protect the earth, save money, carry more bags and stay neat and organized with CarryWell™.
Plastic Bag Legislation
Many states have, or are in the process of, eliminating single-use bags. Is your state one of the many taking steps to rid our environment of plastic bags?
- The average American family takes home almost 1,500 plastic shopping bags a year. (Natural Resources Defense Council)
- The U.S. goes through 100 billion plastic shopping bags annually at an estimated cost to retailers of $4 billion. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Only 1% of plastic bags are recycled in the U.S. (Huffington Post)
- Every year we make enough plastic film to shrink-wrap Texas. (Penn State University)
- More than 10 percent of washed-up debris polluting the U.S. coastline is made up of plastic bags. (Huffington Post)
- Over a lifetime, use of reusable bags by just one person would save over 22,000 plastic bags. (Future Centre Trust)
- In New York City, one less grocery bag per person would reduce waste by 5 million pounds and save $250,000 in disposal costs a year. (ABC News).